Hi Becky,

Just to re-iterate what Nicola said, there are a number of
physics-related events taking place at the BA Festival of Science this
September (http://www.the-ba.net/festivalofscience), including a
programme of activities for young people.

We also have a number of physics-related resources on the website. These
include activities in the National Science Week resource packs
(http://www.the-ba.net/nsw) and project ideas for the BA CREST Awards
(http://www.the-ba.net/crest).

If you want to speak to some science communicators about events they do,
take a look at ScienceLive (http://www.sciencelive.net) for a list of
presenters.

Craig
news from the BA email 'subscribe' to [log in to unmask] or click here:
subscribe to free e-news.

Craig Brierley
Press Officer
the BA
Wellcome Wolfson Building
165 Queen's Gate
London
SW7 5HE
T: +44 (0)20 7019 4947
F: +44 (0)870 770 7102
M: 07957 468218
Website: www.the-ba.net

On 28/6/05 10:10 pm, "Rebecka Read" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Apologies for cross posting.
>
> Dear All,
>
> I am an MSc Science Communication student at Techniquest, Cardiff. I
> am currently researching for my dissertation which is based on Physics

> events; if and how events affect the attitudes held by the public
> towards Physics. The overall aim is to determine what types of events
> are currently available and which types are most effective.
>
> I would like to know if anyone is aware of any Physics events or
> projects currently available for the public and schools, (keystage 3
> and above.) I am especially interested in events that aim to raise
> interest in Physics careers, Physics education or Physics as a topic.
>
> Any information would be gratefully recieved.
>
> Thankyou,
>
> Becky Read.

> Be the first to hear what's new at MSN - sign up to our free
> newsletters! http://www.msn.co.uk/newsletters

This email has been scanned by the MessageLabs Email Security System on
behalf of the BA (British Association for the Advancement of Science)

send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com nomail

2. To resume email from the list, send the following message:

set psci-com mail

leave psci-com

4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive,
can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science
and society can be found at http://psci-com.org.uk