> INVITATION - Demos Science Café
>
> "> The personalised is political> ">  - pharmacogenetics and medical futures
>
> Thursday 19th May, from 5pm to 6:30pm
>
> Demos
> Third Floor
> Magdalen House
> 136 Tooley Street
> London SE1 2TU
>

> Dear Colleague,
>
> We are pleased to invite you to the first of the Demos Science Cafés. These monthly events are an opportunity for scientists, policymakers, journalists, social scientists and anyone else to draw out the policy implications of current scientific issues.
>
> At each café, we> '> ll hear from a visiting speaker about their work. The discussion will then be open to our guests.
>
> On 19th May, we> '> re delighted to welcome Dr Adam Hedgecoe, a sociologist from the University of Sussex. He> '> ll be talking about his recent work on pharmacogenetics - drug prescription with the help of genetic tests. With Adam, we> '> ll be discussing how > '> personalised medicine> '>  fits into recent debates around choice in healthcare and how people can engage with the claims different groups make for scientific futures.
>
> The event is free. If you> '> d like to come along, email [log in to unmask]
>
> Please forward this email to any people or groups you think might be interested.
>
> Future café dates for your diary> ...>
>
> Wed 15th June - Dr Toby Murcott on Alternative medicine
> Wed 20th July - Professor Simon Wesseley on Contested illness
>

> Jack Stilgoe
> Researcher
>
> +44 (0)20 7367 6333
>
> Demos
> Third Floor
> Magdalen House
> 136 Tooley Street
> London SE1 2TU
>
> DEMOS
> people changing politics
> www.demos.co.uk
>
> to subscribe to free email updates:
> www.demos.co.uk/emailupdates
>
> weblog:
> www.demosgreenhouse.co.uk

send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com nomail

2. To resume email from the list, send the following message:

set psci-com mail

leave psci-com

4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive,
can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science
and society can be found at http://psci-com.org.uk