I would just like to thank everybody for their kind suggestions and advice!  I certainly have a lot to think about now and many different options to explore.  It is going to be very hard for me to concentrate on my exams and not get carried away planning my future career now...

As for the website idea - I am not aware that one exists but it is certainly a brilliant idea.  I would have never heard about Psci-comm if I had not spoken to Nick Hillier at our weekend away - little tips like this are invaluable and it is not fair to keep quiet about them.  If a website could be set up, with information on Science Communication courses, conferences, bursaries, placements etc I can guarantee I will be the first to use it!  As Gillian Rendle said, it would save you all time if when someone asked you a question you could just direct them to a website.  I do hope that someone will consider making one. (I would myself but I am positive one of you could do a better job!)

I am thinking of auditioning for famelab in London next month, it is a shame that so few people will be shortlisted but I am sure it will be a good experience nevertheless.  I would be interested to know how many people got through to the afternoon to do a second talk?

Ok, one last question - about the Cheltenham Festival of Science.  I have the brochure and there are so many talks I want to attend but just cannot afford to go to!  If there is any opportunity to volunteer, would you have to help all week?  Because I can only attend the weekend.  Thanks!

Hannah

send an email to [log in to unmask] with the following message:

set psci-com nomail

2. To resume email from the list, send the following message:

set psci-com mail

leave psci-com

4. Further information about the psci-com discussion list, including list archive,
can be found at the list web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/psci-com.html

5. The psci-com gateway to internet resources on science communication and science
and society can be found at http://psci-com.org.uk