I tend to refer to that one as "The Custard Explosion"

If you truly want to get the feel of alchemy, you need to do an experiment
that last 6 months, has to be done at obscure times of the night, involves
copious amounts of sulphur and mercury, much heating, casting of horoscopes,
praying and self-mortification, guided by incomprehensible instructions and
producing ambiguous and baffling results, then get handed a bag of
mysterious powder by a man in black with a shrouded face in your garden in
the middle of the night (well, it worked for Robert Boyle!)

IAN SIMMONS
Complete the following sentence: That carbon-based living organism over
there perched on a tree branch has a beak, so it must be a) a weasel, b) a
big magnetic robot, c) a bird.

Science Centre - www.techniquest.org
Forteana - www.forteantimes.com
Sound Reviews and Science Writing www.nthposition.com