Maybe I'll do an experiment in my workshop and let you know.  I know
that as a young (ish) female scientist, the girls relate to me pretty
well (although they never believe I'm a Dr, which is quite frankly a
bit annoying as proof of the image we have out there!), and from
talking to them I think I have more impact in my workshop than their
(older, male?) schoolteachers.  Mind you, I also give them T-shirts
and candy...

I think you can be inspired by anything that you aspire to: i.e. the
challenge isn't necessarily to give them something they recognise and
feel comfortable with, but to make them want to participate in
science.  I'm hoping to say something that gets them engaged to go
out there and prove to the world they can do this!