In my experience - and I 'sit' in silence about an hour a day - I can say
one thing. If I become clear enough - which is to say, if all the little
movies, thoughts, fantasies, apprehensions, yes, the burps and gurgles, etc.
get cleared off 'the windshield' - in fact, once "the windshield" dissolves
and the genuine largeness of the uni- or multi-verse - becomes present,
there is always the presence of a sound, one that is unidentifiable in
source - muffled ocean waves? - So it is not silence, but as if being in the
presence of a or The place of origins.

I find it a nice place to go, to be among, or with - a recipient. At its
best, both a relief (from the anxiety of my own mental host of local tedium)
and an energy charge. Maybe foremost, a gift of humility for these
relatively small, usually quite egocentric things we call ourselves. But
somehow that gift makes the local stuff much more possible to live and work
among.

Stephen V
 http://stephenvincent.net/blog/

>>> http://entropyandme.blogspot.com