Just to say, Dominic, that these always hit hard, & I think the
'baffle' of the 50 word limit is one of the things that makes them move
so. And the way you get a start with a voice just starting to get mad,
here....

Doug
On 19-Jan-05, at 6:31 AM, Dominic Fox wrote:

> Correct "correct" to "approved", as follows:
>
> WELL THAT'S JUST GREAT, on target
> for great justice, infinite
> justice even. Jubilation turns
>
> endlessly on a spindle, exultation's voice
> becoming more wan with every pass
> under the reading head. Extracting
>
> stricken whisperings from background noise
> is an occult pursuit, and frowned upon. Consult
> court entrail-sifters for approved prognosis.
>
> --
> // Alas, this comparison function can't be total:
> // bottom is beyond comparison. - Oleg Kiselyov

Douglas Barbour
Department of English
University of Alberta
Edmonton  Alberta  T6G 2E5 Canada
(780) 436 3320
http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/dbhome.htm

The poet is ecstatic, having dreamt of this visit for weeks.
He takes Erato’s face, dribbling and wild, between his hands

and kisses her gently as if she were a runaway teenager.

                        Diana Hartog