On May 12, 2005, at 10:38 PM, Stephen Vincent wrote:

> http://kulturindustrie.blogspot.com/2005/04/transatlantic-
> zukofsky.html
>
> Mark Scroggins is one of the upper-America's best hands/readers of
> Zukofsky.
> (I like the one book out; and he is interesting on Henry Adams in the
> current Z issue of Chicago Review) This page from his relatively
> new blog is
> quite interesting on why Z - in spite of his real influence on and
> friendship with B Bunting, influence on Ian Hamilton Finlay, C
> Tomilson and
> (unmentioned) Bob Cobbing (and why not Prynne and Raworth) - has never
> penetrated the British poetry reading Establishment. It's
> interesting in its
> brief exploration of how he sees the way "established" British
> taste in
> poetry blocks out certain characteristics of USA poetry, while
> accepting
> others. Match say Thomas Hardy's verse with Z's and you kind of get
> the
> picture. Hardy clearly owns another sensibility (go to New England and
> follow the path).
> Creeley was/is much liked in England from the sixties on. Creeley's
> work,
> its particular precision and lyricism is also closely linked to his
> reading
> of Z. Why the wedge?
>
> Stephen V

I would add Allen Fisher (and Eric Mottram & Paige Mitchell & myself
-- & there were more I don't  remember specifically right now) as
people who were assiduous readers of Zuk in London in the 1970s.

Pierre
"Lyric poetry has to be exorbitant or not at all."  -- Gottfried Benn
For updates on readings, etc. check my  current events page:
             http://albany.edu/~joris/CurrentEvents.html
Pierre Joris
244 Elm Street
Albany NY 12202