I just received a sign. Stepping down off my porch to get my mail, a young
man with a limp and a cane was walking by. On a string necklace hanging from
his neck, he bore a handwritten tag on his chest, "Practicing Silence" - in
nice large school teacher black ink script, no less.
Silent Meditation is conquering this City! It's been a fun week talking
crazy and sometimes maybe smart on this lovely list. But I got my sign. For
what it's personally worth, I am going quiet for a while. Indeed, not to
pretend to be sanctimonious, maybe it's time - it's so much in the air - for
a silence in sorrow for all those so recently, and terribly passed.

Stephen V
Blog: http://stephenvincent.durationpress.com