Hey, Doug, I hope your back is all right, since you slipped on the ice, as for the
cough, well, does anyone _not_ have one in this cold? though actually it has
been warmer and sunny, the snow comes back from time to time as it is today.
Anyway thanks for the interesting posts, and to everyone else for the Hunter S.
Thompson posts and the quotidian self etcetera. I don't know who the poet is, I
used to like that quote of Kunitz's that 'the first job of the poet is to create the
person who will write the poems' but I guess I've lost interest, the poet is just, it
seems to me, someone who writes poems, along with dumping the trash, going
into the basement to check the level in the oil tank, making green chili chili,
while the kid says "ah mom, you're so boorrring!". But then perhaps I'm being
flippant; I'm going on vacation tomorrow to Florida for the first time since I can't
remember when, no work, no nothing, and the desk finally cleared, so perhaps I
have premature sunstroke, but thanks for the interesting points,

best,

Rebecca