Stephen Vincent wrote:

>Google sucks.
>
>(Or do suck Google?)
>
>Some of those, Rebecca, were Google sucking good!
>
>Stephen V
>Blog: http://stephenvincent.durationpress.com

Sucking?

Gentleman named Mike Feder who used to host a show on WBAI in New York,
called "Hard Work."  He was (may still be) a storyteller and
monologist.  One of the few guys I could listen to doing nothing but
talking, an hour at a time.  I don't do comparisons.  Was he better than
Spaulding Gray?  No idea.

Feder years ago during his first(?) marriage talked on-air about common
descriptors.  I am paraphrasing.  "It sucks," he says.  "Does anyone
think about that expression?  I watch my wife as she nurses our baby.
The baby sucks on my wife.  It's beautiful to see, what happens between
them.  Makes me look differently at how we use that sort of language."

Google sucks what?  Who sucks what?  What does "suck" mean?  It doesn't
quite suggest nursing, does it?  The way it's used it doesn't quite
suggest oral sex, either.  The sound of dirty water going down a clogged
drain?  Someone inhaling on a joint?  The slurpy sound of someone trying
to get soup into his mouth without spilling half of it on the table?
Then why not "It slurps"?

Can you tell I don't have enough to do today since everyone's out?

Ken

--
Kenneth Wolman
Proposal Development Department