Well I sure can't trust H Sterling Burnett if he thinks Crihton is a
good writer. It's been a long time, but my memory tells me that
'wooden' would be high praise.

I really doubt that a few environmental scientists could find the money
to launch a conspiracy of the type the novel seems to present. And snow
in Dallas may indeed be a sign of global warming, & the wild changes
that it will bring about....

Doug
On 2-Jan-05, at 4:41 PM, Rebecca Seiferle wrote:

> Here's a couple of links taking different looks at Crichton's new
> bestseller -State
> of Fear_, there's also a good review at _The New Yorker_ but I'm just
> including
> the links for these two opposing views, interesting though, the
> suggestion of a
> corporate turn toward fiction as propaganda?
>
> http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/search/s_288429.html
>
> http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/search/s_287992.html
>
> Best,
>
> Rebecca