Hi Roger,

It may or may not cool. I'm going to New Zealand, to the South Island,
for Christmas and New Year, so it will be cooler than Sydney, even if
the plains of Central Otago are brushed by hot winds. Here, at the
moment all we seem to have are helicopters at night, police lockdowns
of beaches, and the frisson of fear stirred up by radio shock jocks and
the rest. Christmas in Dunedin seems a fine idea to me, and if it
snowed it would be a fine thing (though highly unlikely). I will be
with a gorgeous woman, so you never know. I don't know what New
Zealanders call schooners but the equivalent of that and a few glasses
of pinot noir from Central Otago will do fine.

All the best for your celebrations up north,
Jill

On Sunday, December 18, 2005, at 11:50  AM, Roger Day wrote:

> As I wrote that, I had qualms about it. Envious of your awareness.
>
> I see no snow at Christmas. One year I swear, before waming gets us, I
> going as far north as I can get to hide in the snow for winter, and
> not appear for a very long time, not even to answer emails.
>
> Hope it cools for you soon (thinks long cool blue waves). I remember
> those long hot tropic days. Used to almost drive me almost nuts.
>
> As for drinking, my optimum position is lying down,  with a gorgeous
> woman pouring a schooner down me throat :-)
>
> Happy saturnalia
>
> Roger

Jill Jones

Latest books:
Broken/Open. Available from Salt Publishing
http://www.saltpublishing.com/books/smp/1844710416.htm

Where the Sea Burns. Wagtail Series. Picaro Press
PO Box 853, Warners Bay, NSW, 2282. [log in to unmask]

Struggle and radiance: ten commentaries (Wild Honey Press)
http://www.wildhoneypress.com

web site: http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~jpjones
blog1:  Ruby Street http://rubystreet.blogspot.com/
blog2:  Latitudes  http://itudes.blogspot.com/