Sorry Roger,

I'm not quite getting it. 'Australian poetry in general' is too big a
beast to, well, generalise about. Or to use another cliche, too many
rooms in that mansion.

What do you mean by 'guiding light', if you don't mind elaborating? We
can leave names out, or list names anyway, but I'm curious now. I'd be
interested to know from a non-Australian familiar with the field.

Cheers,
Jill

On Thursday, December 15, 2005, at 08:51  PM, Roger Day wrote:

> On 12/14/05, Alison Croggon <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> The Republic has been on the public agenda since the 1850s. It says
>> something that it's not here yet.
>>
>> On 15/12/05 9:27 AM, "Roger Day" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>>> I hear you taking traditions come as you please, given the freedoms
>>> you say you have. I just don't see it in operation
>
> "in your poetry or attitude". Australian poetry in general - even down
> to Banjo Patterson - has been my guiding light for years. Serves me
> right for writing this whilst trying to write build tools for
> cross-compilers.
>
> Hey nonny-nonny
Jill Jones

Latest books:
Broken/Open. Available from Salt Publishing
http://www.saltpublishing.com/books/smp/1844710416.htm

Where the Sea Burns. Wagtail Series. Picaro Press
PO Box 853, Warners Bay, NSW, 2282. [log in to unmask]

Struggle and radiance: ten commentaries (Wild Honey Press)
http://www.wildhoneypress.com

web site: http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~jpjones
blog1:  Ruby Street http://rubystreet.blogspot.com/
blog2:  Latitudes  http://itudes.blogspot.com/