On 15/12/05 8:51 PM, "Roger Day" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>> I hear you taking traditions come as you please, given the freedoms
>>> you say you have. I just don't see it in operation
>
> "in your poetry or attitude".

Hmm. I am not sure if I am Australian, I'm not naturalised - though if I'm
not Australian I am certainly not English; mine is a migrant experience
(which many would argue is the quintessential European Australian
experience), I have, on the other hand, been condemned more than once for my
eclecticism. Traditions that have influenced me strongly include of course
European 20C and Romantic writing; also South American writing.

But it seems odd to talk about my work this way. It is not my business what
other people think of it; part of the freedom of poetry is, indeed, the
freedom to dislike it.

Cheers

Alison Croggon

Blog: http://theatrenotes.blogspot.com