Yes, of course, George (& I suspect there have been many more responses
to this, but here I am a couple of days late). Nevertheless, when she
has learned to do so well, there is no better person than the poet to
read her or his poems & practice before an audience tends to make
people either learn to do it or to give up (in Canada we have a reading
circuit so one can learn to give readings quite well; although I know
some poets who don't do such a good job).

Nevertheless, I have also had my own poems butchered by actors trying
too hard -- at something....

Doug

Douglas Barbour
11655 - 72 Avenue NW