Douglas Clark wrote:

> Of interest?
>
> Douglas Clark, Bath, Somerset, England ....

It was indeed, reading the Guardian story.  He is a furious old man and
perhaps justifiably.  Oh "perhaps" nothing--on this side of th'Atlantic,
more than once I have heard Tony Blair referred to as "GW's bitch."  I
cannot imagine what pressure was applied to Blair to make him the
leading catamite among the Coalition of the Willing.  Catamite...a word
I learned reading "Sejanus," which probably bears rereading.  I don't
accept the idea that Pinter is rhetorically simplifying Bush and Blair
)or their relationship?).  I might posit precisely the opposite: too
many of us spend too much time vitiating anger in the name of
precision-tuning the political, linguistic, and philosophical aspects of
behavior that is self-serving, nationalistic, and bent on conquest of
everything but one's own trashy nature.  In that case, yes, I believe
Blair has converted himself into Bush's batman or spiritual receptacle.
I have no idea what he is getting out of this except the contempt of 90%
of the universe.

What scares me a bit is the description of Pinter's health.  It seems
precarious.  Everyone's 75 differs.  His does not seem especially good.

Ken

PS--It appears our jobs are safe here.  Nevertheless, as my told me,
today in other parts of the company, will be a cause for weeping and
grinding of teeth.  And who knows if my particular saga is over yet?

--
Kenneth Wolman
Proposal Development Department

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
				-Douglas Adams