From: "Peter Cudmore" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 06, 2005 5:43 PM
Subject: Re: Sex and the Artist

> What did you do, Robin. What did you do?

Years later, I wrote a para-take around this (no Scotsman will willingly let
an idea rust unused).

It'll be in my next book (out between Christmas and New Year, ideal for a
belated present, cheap at half the price.  EnditFreePublicity).

        The Devil's Bank

They give you a special sort of cheque there, that
You can only pass in certain shops. There on the
Second line: Desolation, Seduction, Murder.

There's a certain magic about some poems,
Like the first time I wrote a name above the sum:
Murder - I tucked it away in my wallet, but never
Passed it - enough to know I could.

And a whole sheaf of pay-the-bearer-on-demand
Seductions. Write in any name.
                                                 Again, unused.

Then one day I found at the back of the book -
Unusual colour, but the old familiar
Guarantee there - this one had written on it:  Love.

That one I passed - it bounced.

             ROBIN HAMILTON