>> Oh,  I said it from a sort of overview of this thread, making logical
>> extensions
>> from the various arguments presented here.
>
>Hey, isn't that a definition of a straw man? You're certainly not taking
>issue with anything I said or argued for, even though in your mails you're
>quoting my posts.

Well, I have taken issue with a few things that you've said in this, but in this
case, no, I wasn't, hence my explaining it as a 'sort of overview' rather than an
argumentative point directed at you. In these email conversations on these
threads, there's often an engagement with a number of directions, glances
toward the Bernstein article, etc, and hence my overview glance here. If I had
meant it in debating class style as a point at you, I wouldn't have bothered to
explain above.

In general I am suggesting something rather more nuanced,
>and considerably less either/or than you are suggesting.

ah, I could have said this myself. See above.

As for 'pure,' that's a matter of terminology, I think, you seem to be thinking
of 'unsullied,' the moral connotations of the term; I was rather thinking in terms
of pure concentrates versus dilutions "watered-down" watered-down whiskey
versus the straight stuff.

In the general fundamentals of this, I don't think we're in basic disagreement,

best,

Rebecca