Roger Collett wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> This is to explain the disappearance of Robin Hamilton from the list.
> Temporarily I hope.
> On returning to Loughborough from a few days in Salisbury with myself,
> Joanna Boulter and Judy Prince, it would appear that Robin's ADSL
> modem has disappeared from under his desk so he cannot connect to the
> net.
>
> Suspicion is inevitably going to fall on Vile Boris, who has probably
> stolen the modem in revenge for an earlier theft of pmcm's bus pass
> (see list archives).

That's right, blighter, blame the damn cat. Odds are Robin buried the
thing under a pile of papers or tripped over the wires so it won't
function.  I am of course projecting my own slob-side behavior onto
Robin, which is patently unfair, but since no one will patent it, I must
do so on my own.

Steal a modem?  Absurd.

> Anyway, he will return when a new modem is installed or the mystery is
> sorted out.

Actually I can believe Boris might have eaten the modem, but since cats
do not have opposable thumbs, the only way the can express their
opposition is to break or eat the object of their displeasure.

I am more intrigued that the UK is surviving Boulter, Prince, Hamilton,
and Collett (sounds like a solicitors' firm), rambling about the
countryside and getting into trouble.  Wondrous, wondrous.

ken

--
Kenneth Wolman
Proposal Development Department