On 3/1/05 1:02 AM, "Kenneth Wolman" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Very well, Alison, your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to ship
> several cases of Minties in plain brown wrappers into the States for the
> Minty-deprived who live here.  These little things sound as though they
> will have an effect upon us akin to the effect laudanum had upon
> Coleridge.  "Kubla Cohen, a dream written under the influence of Minties."

Orders happily received.  We love our Minties here, especially the way they
get stuck in your teeth and remove your fillings.  They're the staple of
many matinee film screenings in everyone's childhood, along with jaffas
(chocolate balls covered with hard orange candy) which you roll down the
aisle at all the soppy romantic moments, and fantales, kind of chewy
caramel/chocolate sweets so-called because their wrappers have Interesting
Facts about film stars.

Thanks Mairead for the proper Porky; I now understand your miffiness.  The
subtleties and frustrations of herb gardening are, I think, a rich and
perhaps rather neglected corner of poetry growing. I think Australia is the
poorer without your Adobe, and we must start a campaign to get you here.
It's not so far, after all.

All the best

Alison Croggon

Blog: http://theatrenotes.blogspot.com