Ah, Mairead, I am just shocked that all those years in New Mexico when I'd go to
Taos or Santa Fe and drive down highway 44 and take the backroad north of
Cuba through Gallina (chicken), Coyote(coyote), and Regina (queen), that that
was you at the Espanola turnoff, out in the yard of that stucco house, and
looking crosseyed at that sunburnt pig while scribbling furiously in nettles up to
your eyebrows! I'm so glad that after years of questioning the sky your poetic
efforts were rewarded by the Knight Award and publication in the Minto Review,
and, honestly, if I'd known that was you, I'd have stopped and dropped off some
Mentos, as a momento of the occasion.

Happy New Year, and no goatheads!

Rebeecca