My dearest and only Sweet Woolly Phalanger,

I have failed, O Little Niblet, to tell you in a timely fashion that Albert
was brought home to me this morning.  I now know that Albert exists (well I
never truly doubted HIS existence) and that you were trying to protect him,
but your generous gesture has proven to be an unnecessity.

Albert was conveyed to my domicile by an officer of this Commonwealth (a
rather handsome officer) who remanded my darling to me for the week until we
appear in court.  Sweet Albert/you was trying to defend the honor of a
damsel in distress who had been hit in the face by her lover at the very pub
at which AP (Albert/Patrick) had just purchased his cigarettes.  As is the
tragic case in this Commonwealth (we do not call ourselves a "state" as do
all the other states in the United Stains of America), the law clearly
insists that those who've sustained the yukkiest (yes, the words in the
lawbooks exactly, O Grand P-ness!) injuries are the ones (or is the one) who
will be the said victim rather than the said victimizer.  To actual wit
(which, you Must Know I am very nearly at the end of):  AP punched the
damsel's lover in the face, but in so doing he got in the way of the damsel
(biceps like bisons' thighs) who at that very same instant came at her lover
with an equally forceful blow----but hit my Only Perfect One instead!
Hence, thus, and heretofore:  AP's face looks as if it were an advert for
bloody beefsteak du jour, but the damsel's lover looks FAR FAR bloodier!
All matters of chivalrous defense and passion are mooted by our "modern"
legalese, O Fairest Flying Phalanger!  We have no defense against such
inhumane barristers!  I try to put on a brave front (well, as you know, my
front is The Bravest, litebulbs maximus discharging much energy, but yes
energy-saving in and of themselves bcuz they are, like your yogurt in my
granola, Organic---Way Organic!).

Your devoted OPossumstatoes