Oh, no, I'm sorry, I never saw my dog again after that first time we left her out in
the country, when I saw her take off running and knew that she would come
back. The next morning I woke up and went to school as usual and then
wondered for days and days why she never came back. For she came back
during the night while us kids were sleeping and many times, from these trips
where she was leftout in the country, from the animal control people from
whom she escaped, but the last time she came back the animal control people
came and retrieved her again, and from that she never came back.  And I didn't
know anything about this until months later, when my mother confessed how
my dog had come back over and over again and how guilty she felt about it,
hoping I guess that I'd forgive her, which I've never been able to do. Because
basically I knew that the reason my dog Sam didn't come back was because she
was dead and it's one thing to forgive whatever has been done to oneself,
another to forgive the death of some other living being, so it's just a sad ending,
I'm sorry,

Rebecca