Which, for sure, we in North America never had to face -- that terror
(nor do we now, though some would have us think so, & thereby are
trying to create their own, more consumerist version).

Those with the inner strength of an Akhmatova might find ways to do
what she did were they in her situation.

Doug
On 22-Jun-05, at 8:22 AM, Peter Cudmore wrote:

> Whispering: I rememember reading about Akhmatova that writing down
> poems
> during the Stalin Terror was a highly dangerous thing to do, so the
> practice
> of keeping them in the memory was in part conditioned by that.

Douglas Barbour
11655 - 72 Avenue NW
Edmonton  Ab  T6G 0B9
(780) 436 3320