Hi Peter

On 25/5/05 3:33 PM, "Peter Ciccariello" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I can see the Van Gogh energy, and primal yes, but that energy seems too
> unbearably human and so impossibly vulnerable to be terrifying.

Hmmm - delicate divisions to be made here - which I'm not sure I'm capable
of at present! When I've looked at Van Gogh pictures in the flesh, as it
were, the first thing that has struck me is those energies, which are
inhuman - the colours of a wheatfield or almond blossom, that night sky.
It's even there in the textures of skin.  But you're right about the
vulnerability and humanness, which perhaps exists in the perception and
expression of these things.

Best

Alison Croggon

Blog: http://theatrenotes.blogspot.com