A big thanks to everyone who replied & congratulated, on-list and off.

Yes, Patrick, the midwife's foot did arrive (and the rest of her as
well, fortunately), about two minutes before William did. I like to
think I could have delivered him myself if necessary -- but I'm glad I
didn't have to test the theory!

Add to this the fact that we live, quite literally, 100 meters away
from the maternity ward and we felt a bit silly about not making it on
time. But when the baby decided to arrive, he really decided to arrive.

All are well, even if his older sister & brother are (understandably)
finding it all a bit strange.

Expect very few posts from here for the next few weeks, as poetry gives
way to parenting ;)

--Knut