Thanks Gerald.  I've never understood Richard Serra's relationship with
poetry, and indeed was surprised when his annotated copy of the Robert
Kelly issue of my magazine VORT came on the market not that long ago.  I
had no previous evidence that he would have been interested.  However, I
have been able to write out of Serra's spoken language previously
and on that occasion Creeley did not come to mind.  Though I did reread my
earlier text a number of times while revising the most recent.  You could
read my diastic half-sonnet "Good Morning, Richard Serra" by visiting:
http://www.loso.it/poiein/autori/alpert.htm

Barry:

This is wonderful! There is something in the work of both men that speaks to
about silence so eloquently and I think you've put some words to it.

Cheers,
Gerald S.