In the trade men who fit the diagnosis have been referred to as hysterics
for at least thirty years, without embarrassment, tho informally one
sometimes hears "male hysteric." Neither the male nor the female kind is
referred to as hysteria in the DSM, the standard Diagnostic and Statistical
Manual of Mental Disorders, which breaks the psyche's possibilities into
insurance-company-frindly numbered cotegories. A list of them can be found
at http://mysite.verizon.net/res7oqx1/id17.html.

Mark