Hi Rebecca,

Treacherous as in the incident where I somehow managed to take a wrong turn
in Pennsylvania, lol... I ended up on the side of a mountain, on a narrow
road (to the north?) with nothing but a steep drop on the passenger side of
the car. Considering I had a U-haul trailer attached to my car with
everything and anything I could shove inside and the trailer was one axle
with no inclination for anything beyond jack-knifing each time I tried to
reverse it became a pretty strange situation. After trying to turn my wheel
every direction possible I realized I needed help so I called the police.
Lol... well it seemed I could not exactly explain my location. I got out of
my car (in the pouring rain) and walked down the mountain road to the
nearest cross over to give more specific directions. Not knowing if the
police would be able to find me, I called AAA (which seemed like a long
shot) and while talking with them the Chief of Police arrived with the
city's emergency management director.
It took them nearly three hours to get my car to safety.
The weather actually was not bad and I made terrific time because I only
stopped for gas and coffee and slept in a rest stop for about three hours. I
admit to putting a little pedal to the metal but I have a stick shift so the
mountains slowed me down quite a bit.

Deborah