Larkin.

When I was twenty I thought that the conventional was normal, and though it
felt like I was asking myself to enter a lifelong prison I wasn't trying to
be normal, I simply didn't know there was another option. I figured that
one out over a few years (thank you, therapy, thank you, sex and drugs).
But I don't think I've ever worried about my normalcy, tho I know damned
well that I'm not particularly conventional. Until I was maybe 45 I
thought, in fact, that I and others like me were something like the measure
of normalcy and woud refer to the rest of the world as "weird." I know
better now.

Mark