From: Plagiarism [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of sally jones
Sent: 19 April 2005 11:14
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Interesting

I see not one person commented on my suggestion that people write to
candidates etc asking what steps they will take to make the selling of
essays etc illegal.

So people can huff and puff but in reality cheating (including plagiarism)
will spread. After all, it's easy and it's cheap (i.e. cheaper than drugs -
a 'good essay' costs about 13 pints of beer or maybe 10 spliffs or a handful

of ecstacy tablets)

Anyway if you pay £20,000 for an MBA what's an extra £2000 for a first clas
dissertation?

For people's interest, I DID write to candidates for Lib and Tory and
Greens.

They all replied - these are available should people like copies - off list.

Maybe I should set up a review site of all the cheat sites - that would be
providing a useful service to students surely? It could include advice in
buying cheat services, ways to avoid anti-plagiarism software, the
universitiies that don't frown on cheats, links to people who will sell you
forged certificates, testimonials from (anonymous) people who have bought
the services....yes, definitely an idea.

Oh yes, extracts from the posts here showing how academia is by and large
apathetic after all, these posts are in the public domain....

Sally