An interesting thread.  Here’s my take on it.

The theory here for me is that interests/matter and outcomes are interest/value-expressive.  “Bob” is intended as a useful cartoon of one of a set of significant constellations of interests being considered.

“Bob” interprets existing situations through “his” own valuing repertoire.  We attempt to infer his preferences, intentions, actions, choices and expressions from this “personality” because we (believe, expect, theorize) that there is a strong interest/expression gestalt.

It may be easier to see through “Bob’s” interest pattern than our own because as the saying goes, “We do not see the lens through which we look.”

Jerry

Jerry Diethelm
Architect - Landscape Architect
Planning & Urban Design Consultant

   Prof. Emeritus of Landscape Architecture
           and Public Service
    2652 Agate St., Eugene, OR 97403
    •   e-mail: [log in to unmask]
    •   web: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~diethelm

    •   541-686-0585 home/work 541-346-1441 UO
    •   541-206-2947 work/cell