An interesting thread.  Here¹s my take on it.

The theory here for me is that interests/matter and outcomes are
interest/value-expressive.  ³Bob² is intended as a useful cartoon of one of
a set of significant constellations of interests being considered.

³Bob² interprets existing situations through ³his² own valuing repertoire.
We attempt to infer his preferences, intentions, actions, choices and
expressions from this ³personality² because we (believe, expect, theorize)
that there is a strong interest/expression gestalt.

It may be easier to see through ³Bob¹s² interest pattern than our own
because as the saying goes, ³We do not see the lens through which we look.²

Jerry

Jerry Diethelm
Architect - Landscape Architect
Planning & Urban Design Consultant

    Prof. Emeritus of Landscape Architecture
           and Public Service
    2652 Agate St., Eugene, OR 97403
    €   e-mail: [log in to unmask]
    €   web: http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~diethelm

    €   541-686-0585 home/work 541-346-1441 UO
    €   541-206-2947 work/cell