Dear ALL,

As you know, interface design requirements of disabled people and disabling environment such as  air-port, hospital or similar public place,  are gradually increasing. This design area needs special design and technical knowledge. There are number of standards (especially new standards  such as ISO-CD 9241-171 Ergonomics of human-system interaction — Guidance on software accessibility). They would be  certain rules to apply to software ergonomics and web based application especially after 2007

Therefore,  we need new experts who have knowledge of interface design for disabling environment and its standards in the area of European Union.

According to very draft statement above, I would like to design joint master program over Europe taking advantages of our and your experience.

I am  expert of ISO WG5  software ergonomics group, I am editing many issues in accessibility in related standards since 2002

The program needs specific course on  following perspective:
- Implementations of ISO standards for Design solutions
- Usability issues
- Information Architecture and Interface Design
- Knowledge and Theories on Disability and disabling environment

Important dates:
-Final proposal:   December 1st 2005
-Approval of Master program in hosting Institution  until February  2005
-Submission:  March 1 2006

- -
Prof.Dr.Oguzhan Ozcan
Yildiz Technical University