Hi Glenn,

I think the fundamental level which you are talking about also includes a directionality. So change in design is in effect, from a lower level to a higher level. I believe Simon's aphorism works here, and lower can be surmised as the present unsatisfactory state and higher, the desired state.

That said, Heraclitus long ago, had voiced his famous dictum on change. In this sense, everyone who has a B.A. or B.S.c is charged with the notion of effecting change but also inevitably, part of the change of this world. I don't think students graduating would be advised by their professors to remain at that level without any more change. Even if that would be possible on the part of the student, the world should be seen as more relentless.

So I guess change is already included implicitly in many things, design included, and having a B.A. in Change neither makes it more explicit, nor purposeful.

Sent from the PhD Design forum at Nabble.com.