Jan,

Let me make sure I understand you.  Are you saying there are some
actions that are not planned, spontaneous, even instinctive that result
in good designs, and that those actions should then be called
'designing' because they result in (good) designs?

Cheers.
Fil

--
Filippo A. Salustri, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering