Klaus, Rosan et al

On 1/9/05 2:13 PM, "Klaus Krippendorff" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> the meaning of communication is not determinable by the communicator (the
> intentional fallacy).
>
> a designer can make a proposal but if nobody reads it as a proposal, it did
> not propose (or specify) anything.

I think the point here is not that the proposal has no effect - just not the
linear classically causal effect that may have been intended. If a proposal
is ignored that to me qualifies as an effect (that is even measurable).

I am interested in intention as a causal manager of thought which requires a
capacity to act to effect change. That change may be interpreted in a
variety of ways without negating its causal origin.

chuck