In my opinion you are perfectly entitled to disclose the advice you gave her in factual terms e.g. "I proposed that my assessment indicated that she could return to work on phased hours over the next 4 weeks.   Medical confidentiality is only about her own personal and private information.  You do not need to explain your reasons or her history to do this - you are a practitioner with the necessary competencies.
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Jeremy Smith
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 4:11 PM
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Waiver from Medical Confidentiality

Dear All

I've got to participate in an investigation over a complaint from a client who feels that she was bullied by me in returning to work.  In order to do this I will need to provide details of what occurred during the consultation that I had with her, which is obviously medically confidential information.  Do any of you have a form of words that I could use "I hereby waive my rights to medical confidentiality.....etc"

Many Thanks,

Jeremy