To all who responded to my query, many thanks.

As I have never worked in the industries that respondeents do work in, I had no idea but I have learned something.

James Beresford

-----Original Message-----
From: Gina Jones [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 02 December 2005 09:41
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Policy for Control of prescribed medication in the workplace

John
our policy restricts medications from the manufacturing areas of the business so that staff can keep their medicines in their lockers. I did not think there was anything where an employee would need instant access to medication as even asthmatics and those with potential anaphylaxis would have some warning. anything other than this, we should be aware of and the managers notified accordingly