Sue

Her GP may have recommended it be he is not responsible for her in the
workplace.

I would initially bring her into the OH dept and ask her what problems she is
getting, particularly from a MSD point of view, assess the points of injury, map
to typical WRULD areas and then perform a DSE assessment.

Bear in mind that there is a significant link between diabetes and carpal
tunnel syndrome, if you are not convinced that this a work related problem or
that a ergo keyboard would help then ask your OHP to assess, particularly for
CTS.

Cheers

Petej

>>> [log in to unmask] 28/11/2005 12:43 >>>
Hi all,

Can I ask the advice and thoughts of the group on behalf of a colleague
please

My colleague has received a management referral for someone who has
diabetes and is asking for an ergonomic keyboard - supported by a GP
letter.

My colleague and I are in agreement that an ergonomic keyboard will not
be effective in stopping upper limb problems if her diabetes is not
controlled or her DSE setup is not correct. I have no evidence that the
ergonomic keyboards help....has anyone got any evidence to support the
use of these?

Sue