From: Wendy Jones [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 1:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Ergonomic Keyboards

Sue

I certainly find that ergonomic keyboards can be part of the solution in
people who have developed an upper-limb disorder; and I know people who have
switched to them pretty much by chance and find them much more comfortable.
I suspect on the whole the evidence in their favour is anecdotal in nature
as they will suit some people better than others.

I am struggling to see why having diabetes would predispose to ULD?  Even if
it does, the first line solutions would be in ensuring good working
arrangements, frequent beaks etc. Incidentally, I see a lot more ULDs
relating to mouse use than keyboard.   I personally think one of the best
ways to reduce ULD is to move the mouse to the left to compensate for the
asymmetry of the keyboard (or use a short keyboard); or even better is to
learn to live without a mouse!

Wendy