johannes,

if i follow the argument here correctly, what you say is that music
(and by analogy we can say for our current discussion: art) made with
digital devices is fundamentally different from acoustic forms of
music, and that it is different not because of styles or genres, but
because of the basic technical conditions of the digital apparatus,
right?

but does this technical description say anything about the artistic
dimension of the work, would you also say that it takes works made
with digital devices into a 'different aesthetic field'? (in that
case, it would be an argument, i assume, for setting 'media art'
apart from non-digital forms of artistic production?)

before i venture into arguing agains this i'll wait to see whether i
understood you correctly.  ;-)

greetings,
-a