You might want to take a look at Heath Bunting's recent list of works for sale,
many of which are web-based works:

http://www.irational.org/cgi-bin/cv/projects/sale_price.pl

The site looks static (ie. the prices don't seem to change) but the fact that
this is a perl script rather than a static web page, and that the sale page
itself is on sale indicates there may well be something clever happening under
the surface somewhere. I couldn't say what this cleverness is though.. possibly
some dynamic reflection of the artist's speculative collector value based on
statistical assessment of who-knows-what process or processes.

As far as I know, http://art.teleportacia.org/ is still the first commercial
net.art gallery. Maybe get in touch with Olia Lialina to ask for an estimate of
the value of the works on show - I believe that kind of valuation is what
happens in commercial art sectors. Since many national collections now include
net-based pieces, it seems perfectly likely that careful valuation by experts
in the field would stand up to the market forces.

However, the lack of established 'best practice' in this domain (amazing it
hasn't been tied down yet) is a real opportunity to do something exciting and
interesting with your pricing structure.

If you want the valuations to reflect anything relevant to the work, you might
want to take your cue from the true innivators of Internet culture and
commerce: the pornographers.

Many 'amateur' porn sites actually allow self-documenting models to upload
pictures of themselves, and then get paid kickbacks in proportion to the reveue
those images generate in advertising and click-throughs. Perhaps in this
context that kind of commercial model makes more sense than Patrick's very
sensible suggestion that since there is only a negligible cost involved in
distribution, that the most efficient transation of value would remain in a
reputation economy.

--
-- http://chinabone.lth.bclub.org.uk/~saul/