Dear List,

As promised yesterday when I posted my notes from  "Curating can be
learned, but can it be taught?", here are three more digested
questions that List members could perhaps help to answer.

or institutional curators, but this event has pointed out that
neither one is necessarily more radical or alternative, because
freelance curators need to be more 'careerist' and 'visible'.  So,
are there other 'models' of curating which might be more suitable for
new media in particular?  Barnaby Drabble describes himself a
"co-producer", (and  Benjamin Weil also describes himself a
"producer"  <http://www.crumbweb.org/crumb/phase3/iweil.htm>).  Is
this a good model? (Models of Curation were also discussed as a Theme
on this List in March 2003.)

2. Are certain models and tools more likely to produce a truly
dialogic form of curating education? Being a 'co-producer' infers
more people being active in the dialogue, whilst models such as
student-produced learning materials, and technological tools such
wikis could be argued to be inherently dialogic structures.  What
tools do you use for dialogue?

3. Do students have to do curate exhibitions in order to learn curating?

Yours,

Beryl

Beryl Graham
Tel: +44 191 515 2896     email:  [log in to unmask]
Curatorial Resource for Upstart Media Bliss  http://www.crumbweb.org