Hi!

I would say that we need same approach in order to be comparable among EU
countries.
However, in our country it is stated that only graduates from 4 year study
programmes (University level) could have title BSc. Since we have 3 years
study for nurses and midwives (High school) they call us "high school
diplomants".
After the implementation of our midwifery study programme by EU directives,
we wanted to change things. We thought that the number of hours in the study
programme (4600) is comparable with 4 year programmes, therefore we claimed
the title BSc in midwifery. We still do not have decision from the
authorities (it was 2 years in May 2005), except their reccomendation that
we are not allowed to translate the titles in foreign languages. So we still
need to use the Slovenian word (diplomirana babica), however, I'm not sure
that people abroad would understand, what education I received to gain this
title.
I would go for bachelor of science if I would have a chance to choose, in
order to be able to compete with other profiles that manage same field of
practice as midwives.

Best wishes and Marry christmas to all of you,
Polona, Midwife from Slovenia