Thanks Billie , i have just got a place at Surrey for an introduction to NVIVO

Debra

-----Original Message-----
From: Hunter, Billie <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 10:32:27 +0100
Subject: Re: NVIVO

Dear Debra

I don't know of any other specific courses but I did go to one of the CAQDAS
software planning workshops ( run from Univ of Surrey) last week and found it
very useful. This workshop was an introduction to a range of qualitative data
analysis packages - it was free and they run them in various UK locations as
well as in surrey.

Just for interest - they did point out that NUDIST and NVIVO will be merging at
the end of the year and so it's probably better not to learn how to use either
of their current packages if you can avoid it!

All the best
Billie

Dr Billie Hunter
Senior Lecturer/Head of Midwifery Research
Centre for Midwifery and Gender Studies
School of Health Science
University of Wales Swansea
Swansea SA2 8PP