This is a plea for assistance. You may be aware that the ESRC is currently carrying out a major demographic review of the social sciences, exploring the future growth and recruitment needs of the different disciplines.

As part of this review, we are carrying out a survey of Heads of Departments/Subject Areas across the subjects. Response rates have been generally good, but with some notable exceptions, and we could do with many more responses from Media/Communication. If you feel qualified to go to www.socialsciencereview.org.uk and fill it in on behalf of your dept, or pass this email on to who might be better suited to do so, I would be most grateful.

Many thanks,

David

David Mills
Anthropology Co-ordinator,
Sociology, Anthropology, Politics (C-SAP)
The Higher Education Academy Network
University of Birmingham,
Edgbaston,
Birmingham,