I am pleased to let you know that the substantial research study into
the quickly evolving landscape of Open Access publishing has been
released by ALPSP. A free to download pdf of the full report is
available (www.alpsp.org <http://www.alpsp.org/> ) together with the
Overview section (the first 32 pages of the report) and a press release.
The priced printed version of the report (which is 128 pages long) can
also be ordered online.

This new study 'The Facts About Open Access' was sponsored by ALPSP and
the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) and
HighWire Press, with additional data from the Association of American
Medical Colleges. The research was conducted by the independent
consultants Kaufman-Wills Group LLC.

It makes fascinating and instructive reading. As Sally Morris says in
her introduction: "Discussion of Open Access tends to be strong on
rhetoric but short on facts. But now we have, for the first time, a
substantial body of data about different forms of Open Access
publishing, and a baseline of comparison with traditional subscription
publishing."

Apologies for any cross-posting.

Nick Evans
Member Services Manager
Association of Learned and Professional Society Publishers (ALPSP)
9 Stanbridge Road
Putney, London, SW15 1DX
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.alpsp.org <http://www.alpsp.org/>