We will of course be writing to the programme makers.

Louisa
-----Original Message-----
From: Maria Cotera [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 11 April 2005 15:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Library and information professionals wanted to fake it for T V

To be honest, I am not that surprised that, when the Fakingit people decided to look for someone "quite shy, underconfident and disinterested in popular culture", someone had the bright idea to look for a librarian;  an stereotypic takes a long, long time to be changed...

So apart from doing our day-to-day bit in changing peoples perceptions of information professionals, I would suggest bombarding [log in to unmask]. with e-mails of disapproval.

I also think that withdrawing the advertisement from CILIP's website is not sufficient, a official letter of complaint on behalf of its members is necessary.

Best wishes,
Maria